Talent Search Exam - 2022
National Talent Search Exam (NTSE), initially known as NSTSS (National Science Talent Search Scheme), is a scholarship examination that takes place on a national level to identify and enhance the skills, logical reasoning, and mental-ability of students.
The all-India competitive examination is conducted annually for class 10 students in two stages - Stage 1 (State-Level) & Stage 2 (National Level). If a candidate wants to be eligible to receive the scholarship, he/she will have to clear both exams.
Students have the leverage to apply both online and offline for the NTSE 2022 exam. Students residing in India as well as those who are pursuing their education from other countries are also eligible for NTSE. The main objective of the NTSE exam is to evaluate a particular set of abilities in students, which
SCERT or same state authorities conduct the Stage 1 examination, whereas Stage 2 is conducted at a national level by NCERT. Students who qualify for Stage 1 can appear for the Stage 2 exam.
The NTSE exam comprises of two papers - Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) & Mental Ability Test (MAT). They both have 100 questions of 1 mark each and students get 2 hours for each paper. Out of all, 2000 candidates are shortlisted and awarded monthly scholarships.
NTSE 2022 Highlights
|Stage-I: State level
Stage-II: National level
|Once in a year
|Mode of Application
|Both Online & Offline
|The student should be pursuing Class X and be below 18 years of age.
|Offline-Pen and paper-based
|MAT: 2 hours
SAT: 2 hours
|Stage-I: English or any regional language as opted by the candidate.
Stage-II: English or Hindi
NTSE Important Dates 2022
The official examination dates for NTSE 2022 have not been released by the NCERT. But they will soon be released on the official website of NCERT along with the application process.
However, the tentative dates for the NTSE Stage 1 examinations are:
|State / Union Territory
|NTSE exam date for all states & Union territories
|January 16, 2022 (postponed)
|NTSE exam date for Mizoram, Nagaland, Meghalaya, and Andaman, and Nicobar Islands (Stage 1)
|January 15, 2022 (postponed)
NTSE 2022 Result Dates Tentative
|NTSE Stage 1 Results
|To be announced
|NTSE Stage 2 Results
|To be announced
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for each stage are different, the details have been mentioned below.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria For Regular Students
- The candidate must be below 18 years as of July 1, 2022.
- The candidate should be pursuing class 10 from any government/private school located in India.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria For Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Students
Students pursuing their 10th from open or distance learning can also attempt NTSE under these conditions:
- The candidate must be under 18 as of July 1, 2022.
- The candidate should be a full-time student without any kind of employment.
- The candidate should be appearing for the class 10th examination for the first time.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria For Students Studying Abroad
Indian residents who are studying abroad can also attempt the NTSE exam under these conditions:
- The student must be an Indian National.
- If the candidate is pursuing class 10th or equivalent, then he/she is directly eligible for Stage 2.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% in class IX final exams.
- The candidate must opt for an examination center located in India.
- Must make a request with the institution he/she is studying at along with the attested clas IX mark sheet at the Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT.
- The candidate is eligible for the scholarship only if he/she continues his/her further studies from India.
NTSE Exam Structure
- The paper is divided into two parts - SAT & MAT. There are 100 questions in both SAT & MAT (Maths - 20, Science - 40, Social Science - 40).
- The duration of both MAT & SAT is 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- There is no negative marking. Candidates who qualify in both exams will be considered separately for merit.
- The selection of the candidate who is eligible for the scholarship will be on the basis of his/her total score in MAT & SAT.
NTSE 2022 Exam Pattern:
|No. of Questions
|Science, Social Science, Maths
NTSE Syllabus For MAT 2022
|Logical Venn diagrams
|Logical sequence of words
|Verification of truth of the statement
|Problems on clocks
|Direction Sense Test
|Series completion test
|Arithmetical reasoning test
|Inserting a missing character
|Transparent paper folding
|Dot fixing situation
|Problems on cubes and dice
NTSE SAT Science Syllabus (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
|Acids Bases and Salts
|Carbon and its Compound
|Cellular Level of Organization
|Fibers and Plastics
|Diversity in Living Organisms
|Food Production & Management
|Heredity and Evolution
|Magnetic & Electricity at Work
|Metals & Non-Metals
|Motion and Force
|Periodic Classification of Elements
|Some Common Diseases
|Structure of Atom
|Sound of Energy
|Work and Energy