Education at SVA is an integrated process with a flexible curriculum that takes into account the heterogeneity of the learner and learning styles. Emphasis is laid on acquiring linguistic & logical ability and nurturing multiple intelligence by adopting innovative methods to stimulate interest and attention among the students. This opens up pathways to a holistic and harmonious development of the young learners.
Pre Primary – Curriculum
- The Pre-Primary wing of SVAI School, Shahpura has Nursery and LKG classes.
- “The innovative curriculum for the Pre-Primary” published by Council for Educational and Professional Services (CEPS) is in use with the objective of reinforcing values, concepts, ideas, skills and activities. A day wise planner for each month is sent on the first day of the month for the parents’ convenience. This gives them a clear picture of the fun activities that their child will be participating in.
- We follow the schedule and programmes with a fair amount of flexibility. Changes are made from time to time as demanded by the environment and the emerging situations in the classroom. Following subjects are taught in Pre-Primary : English, Hindi, Number Work, Environmental Studies, Music, Art & Craft
- The students are graded regularly on the basis of participation and performance in class activities. The report card is sent twice a year, in September and March.
- Areas of growth and development:- Physical, Language, Personal, Emotional, Social, Intellectual/ Cognitive, Aesthetic development etc.
- We equip students with life skills and design our activities to promote some of the following:
|Classification skills||Observation and recognition skills|
|Conversational skills||Observing and relating skills|
|Drawing conclusion||Ordering and sequencing|
|Experimenting||Sorting and classifying|
|Identifying patterns||Thinking skills|
|Motor skills||Understanding concepts|
|Social behaviour||Vocabulary enhancement|
Value Based Education
Education is knowledge imbued with wisdom and ethics which moulds the behaviour and personality of the students. The focus on value education still remains strong in SVA. The students imbibe the essential qualities of honesty, fair play, empathy, courage, integrity, compassion, loyalty and courtesy through morning assemblies, celebration of festivals and day- to- day interaction with the teachers. The effort is to guide the students towards appropriate behaviour and development of a strong character.
The School Session commences in April.
The School is divided into four sections under the charge of well-experienced and highly qualified staff:1. Pre-Primary – LKG and HKG2. Primary Section – Classes I to V3.
Secondary Section – Classes VI To X4. Senior Secondary Section – Class XI and XII
In the pre-primary section, under the supervision of qualified and trained teachers, emphasis is given on providing individualized education employing modern play way methods along with teaching aids and worksheets.
In the primary section, education is based on the project method of education to bring out the latent powers in the child and thus develop a wholesome personality and inculcate the qualities of self-reliance and self respect.
In the Secondary and Sr. Secondary Classes the aim of education is to prepare the students for the public examinations conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
Planned efforts are made to ensure the development of every student in academics, co-curricular activities, games and sports.
Pre Primary – The spirit and essence of our educational process lies the comprehensive development of the child. For a small child there is no division between playing and learning & child learns –Languages (English and Hindi), Mathematical concepts, Formal work preparation, Motor Activities, Music & Movement, Creative Art and also number of field trips are organized.